These chickpea cookies are gluten free, chewy and filled with chocolate chips!! Absolutely delicious – these are eggless, healthy, yet full of protein and fiber from the chickpeas!!
Step by Step Photos
- Add chickpeas to food processor
2. Add sugar, add more if you like sweeter.
3. Add melted butter
4. Add vanilla, baking powder, baking soda and salt
5. Add in chocolate pieces and walnut pieces and pulse to swirl in
6. Refrigerate batter overnight or in the freezer for an hour
7.Preheat oven to 350 F
8. Take dough out and scoop out individual cookies. Enlist your kids help in this. They love it!!
9. Take the delicious cookies out at 20 minutes or more. Look for browning of edges.
10. Do not touch the cookies for 5 minutes. Let it cool before taking them out.
Perfect snack for kids after school!! Enjoy!!
Why do you have to freeze the dough before baking? It will give you better shape and better cookies
Why is the baking time higher than normal? This cookie has a higher water content than normal cookies. It needs more time in the oven
- 2 cups Cooked chickpeas
- 4 oz Butter (1/2 stick)
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tbsp Vanilla
- 1/4 cup Chocolate Chips
- Handful of chopped Walnuts
- Pinch of salt
In a food processor, add 2 cups chickpeas, sugar, vanilla, butter, baking soda, baking powder and salt and grind it to a paste
Add the chopped chocolate pieces and walnut pieces and pulse to swirl it in.
Pour the batter into a container and chill it in the freezer for an hour or refrigerate overnight.
Preset oven to 350F
Take the chilled dough and using cookie scoops, line them in rows in a baking tray
Bake for 20 minutes or slightly longer till the edges turn golden brown
If you are looking for gluten free recipes for your kids with gluten allergy, this would be a great idea. My kids absolutely loved it. Even if you are not adopting a gluten free diet, this is still a healthy option for your cookie ideas!!
Make it vegan – You can substitute coconut oil instead of butter to make it completely vegan.
I hope you give these cookies a try. Post your comments and feedback below or on my Pinterest page.