These 1-ingredient Cheddar cheese crisps rock!!
Why should you make them? 2 reasons:
1. Are you looking for a salty, crispy snack that is protein-rich?
2. Did you buy cheddar cheese in bulk from Costco and are palm smacking your head with regret? :).
The recipe explained
Place handful of cheese and spread in a baking tray. Place it in a 400F oven for 10 min. Vola!! Done!!
Ok, Ok…Wait, wait, don’t go yet, get some more details, dear!!
How do these homemade crisps compare to store bought Lays chips? It is healthier in certain aspects. Let us compare the nutrition of 1oz of homemade cheese crisps with 1oz of Lays potato chips
|Crisps Recipe||Lays Chips||Winner|
|Cholesterol||30 mg||0 mg||Lays Chips|
Based on the above table, the homemade crisps have lower carbs and are better for sugar control.
Cheddar Crisps Recipe
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Spread parchment paper over baking tray.
3. Add tiny mounds of cheese on tray, spread out from each other.
4. Place tray in oven.
5. After 10 min, take tray out and place it to cool
6. After a few minutes, collect crisps and store in airtight container.
Ta-da!! Cheddar crisps ready in less than 15 minutes
If you are neurotic like me, you can dab the crisps as they come out of the oven and ooze some oil out
Ways to go wrong
Do not use aluminum sheet as base, the cheese will stick to it.
After 10 minutes, take it out. If it is still chewy, put it back in the oven and monitor it closely.
Too long, and it will burn. Burnt crisps tastes awful..
400F at 10 minutes worked out to be the best combination for me to get the “Goldilocks” level of ‘just right’ crispness.
Do try this one-ingredient super-easy recipe and let me know your feedback!! Would love to hear from you!!